Tuesday, January 13, 2009

SouthShorePet.com "Trendy Tails"

By Tracy Woodman

“A monthly column Sniffing out trendiest pet pampering products and services.”

Tracy Shopping Product Scene
Tracy 
Shopping The Pet Product Scene

In December I attended the Bay Colony Dog Show held in Boston at the Bayside Expo Center. As a proud pet parent of three dogs named Rocky (Puggle), Jake (Puggle) and Sasha (Brussels Griffon) and two cats named Caesar and Isaac, I couldn’t wait to uncover new and trendy dog products and share them with our South Shore Pet.Com readers!

Awesome Dog Treats
Awesome Dog Treats

And finally a Vermont based organic dog treats company named Wagatha’s was quite busy. I had to see what the fuss was all about. These biscuits come in many flavors like Original, Wheat, Super, Breakfast, Cranberry Cheddar and Tuscan Tomato and Herb. Are you serious, I wanted to try these biscuits which I was then told they are made with 100% certified organic, kosher and human grade ingredients.

That was it. I was sold, I chose a 15oz container of Original flavor for approximately $8.00, which let me mention the metal containers these biscuits come in are absolutely adorable. My dogs went nutty over these biscuits and although I didn’t try them myself they did smell delicious. Ok- I thought about trying them but I didn’t. Also I was very pleased to see that Wagatha’s are now offered at the local Whole Foods supermarket near my home. Next on the list to try is cranberry cheddar I will keep you posted. Visit www.wagathas.com for more information.